One Degree West offer a full range of TV/UHF Aerial Installations, repairs and upgrade services, all work carrying a 12 Month Guarantee.
Television in the UK is going digital, bringing us all more choice and new services. One Degree West Satellite & Aerial services are here to help.
Starting in 2007 and ending in 2012, TV services in the UK will go completely digital, TV region by TV region. This process is called digital switchover.
With this in mind One Degree West have introduced a company policy of installing DTT compatible equipment to all of our customers, irrespective of whether they require digital signals at the present time or not. Therefore all of the equipment installed by One Degree West must reach the criteria set down by the broadcasting authorities in order to receive clean DTT signals. This includes the following
- The aerial itself must have a balun built within the connection box. This is a device that should stop any unwanted electrical interference disrupting the signal quality.
- The cable must be double-screened. This is an extra barrier of copper foil built around the underneath of the cables' external casing to stop any unwanted signals breaching through.
- If an outlet socket is installed it must also be double-screened. This means that it must have a protective metal casing screening the connections from any unwanted signal ingress.
- The antenna must be sited in a position that is clear of interference source, particularly mains wiring, and it is always preferable to install the array outdoors as loft mounting will usually lead to excessive interference pick-up and disappointment.
- Signal measurements must be taken at each site and the results must equate to the parameters set by the broadcasting authorities. If the results obtained are outside of the required criteria then the installation will simply fail to work properly.
One Degree West Install only the best products which include digital ready aerials (benchmarked by the CAI), galvanised steel brackets, light weight alloy or galvanised steel masts and fully screened cable (WF100). We use snap and seal connecters which are fully watertight and very difficult to pull off.
We install two different types of aerials
Normally with your postcode we can be pretty accurate on which aerial will suit your requirements, however we do need your help you to give us as much detail about your property as possible so that we can give a fair fixed price.
This is a high gain robust digital aerial normally erected in good signal areas. This comes Fully installed with a 6ft or 10ft mast, brackets and cable.
This is a super gain digital aerial it is normally used in areas which have weak or poor reception problems .This comes Fully installed with 10 or 16ft mast, brackets and cable.
Aerial upgrades include removal of all existing Aerials and brackets and replacing with new equipment.
Please call for a fixed price.
To obtain information or request a site visit and quotation please call 0800 043 4033 or email email@example.com